Siding Contractor – Newberg, OR
Are you looking for a reliable, reputable, licensed siding contractor in Newberg? Well look no further! Champion Property Improvement is a local, full-service remodeling contractor specializing in siding services for residential and commercial customers in Oregon and Washington state. We are a family owned business and have been remodeling homes since 1999. Our skilled professionals pay attention to detail and treat our customer’s homes with care! Your satisfaction is our guarantee! We are licensed, bonded and insured. Below are some tips for hiring the right siding contractor.
Siding Contractor in Newberg, OR: Tips For Hiring A Contractor
Sometimes it makes sense to hire a professional siding contractor in Newberg rather than take on a job yourself. But choosing the wrong contractor can lead to delays, unprofessional work, and even legal problems.
1. Go With Your Gut – A siding contractor in Newberg could be in your home and around your family for days, weeks or even months while changing the way your house looks and functions. So if you don’t like a contractor for ANY reason, don’t hire him or her. You have to trust them 100%!
2. Make Sure The Siding Contractor is Licensed, Bonded and Insured to Work in Your Area – Having a license and insurance demonstrates the contractor’s credibility and knowledge. The license shows that the siding contractor has taken an exam and proved they know building codes and processes. Make sure to get the contractor’s license number before hiring them. If a contractor doesn’t have insurance and a worker gets hurt on your project, you could be liable. The same goes with accidents that damage your next-door neighbor’s home. If a ladder fell and damaged property next door, you want the contractor’s liability insurance to cover the cost of that damage. Get proof of insurance.
3. Pick a Siding Contractor in Newberg Who Specializes in Your Project Type – It’s important to hire a contractor that has experience in the type of project you are wanting completed. A good siding contractor and remodeler knows how to anticipate the nuances of the work. If you’re asking several contractors for a bid, make sure each one is using the same set of plans and specifications. You can’t effectively compare bids from contractors who plan to use different brands of building materials.
4. Have a Detailed Contract in Place Before any Work Begins – The contract should cover costs, brands of items being installed, approximate start and finish dates, and the complete set of drawings being used with written specifications. A lot of homeowners and business owners talk to multiple contractors to get bids, and then they can’t remember who told them what. The contract spells out everything.
5. Give the Siding Contractor in Newberg Guidelines for Working In or Around Your Home – Make sure to communicate with the siding contractor if there are certain hours you don’t want them working at your home or business or if you need the project completed by a specific date. For instance, if you don’t want them starting work until 9:45 AM and you need them out by 4:00 PM – instead of taking 30 days – the project may take 45. So it’s important to give the contractor clear parameters.
6. Think Locally – Area contractors who have been in business for a long time are usually reliable and safe bets for projects. If they didn’t do good work in your community, they wouldn’t still be around. Finding a local siding contractor means the company is involved in the community, the workers are probably local, and IF you have a problem later, the siding contractor is going to be on top of it!
Siding contractor – Newberg, or: local areas we serve
Oregon: Beaverton, Bend, Canby, Central Oregon, Clackamas, Dayton, Dundee, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Hood River, Keizer, Lake Oswego, McMinnville, Newberg, Oregon City, Portland, Sherwood, St. Paul, Tigard, Troutdale, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville, Woodburn and more.
Washington: Bellingham, Bremerton, Camas, Centralia, Chehalis, Edmonds, Everett, Federal Way, Fife, Kalama, Kelso, Kent, Kirkland, Long Beach, Olympia, Pasco, Port Townsend, Ridgefield, Seattle, Vancouver, Woodland and more.
Champion Property Improvement is a preferred siding contractor in Newberg. Call us today for a free consultation at 503-969-6613. We’d love to earn your business!