Remodeling Contractor – Newberg, OR
If you’re considering remodeling your home it’s best to look at all your options by talking with a licensed remodeling contractor in Newberg. Anyone who’s ever experienced a nightmare remodel will tell you first hand it can cost twice as much money if you don’t have a clear understanding of what you have to spend, a precise plan of attack, and the help of a competent remodeling contractor. You can have that new kitchen, family room or extra bedroom without losing your sanity along the way, as long as you’re working with the right professionals.
Remodeling Contractor – Newberg, OR: The Do’s and Don’ts
1. Do consider your contractor’s personality. This person will be in your home each day, so it’s crucial that you feel comfortable talking to him or her.
2. Don’t be an absentee homeowner. Communicate with your remodeling contractor daily by phone, text or email and try to meet once a week to review progress.
3. Do ask for a contract. A licensed remodeling contractor in Newberg should automatically provide you with a contract or documentation required within the state you reside in. A good contract should cover the following: start and finish dates, total cost (include how add-ons will be handled), a payment schedule, contractor’s license number, and thorough description of work to be performed.
4. Don’t micromanage the crew. Instead, meet with the remodeling contractor you hired weekly to discuss progress.
5. Do be wary if your remodeling contractor is reluctant to lay out a timeline for your project; it may mean the contractor has too many jobs at once to finish your on time.
6. Don’t undercut your remodeling contractor. The quickest way to sour a relationship is to hire a member of the contractor’s crew to do work after hours for less pay.
7. Do ask about insurance. Anyone working on your home is required to have it. You’re liable if you hire an uninsured contractor and one of his crew is injured. Also if the contractor does shabby work, you have no recourse.
8. Don’t be shy about your budget, especially if money is tight. Everything should be discussed before
the work begins so there are no surprises.
9. Do make sure your remodeling contractor in Newberg is filing for the necessary permits before work begins.
10. Don’t forget that remodeling is a temporary experience. No matter how disruptive the process, it’s not going to last forever and the end result will be worth all the noise!
Remodeling Contractor – Newberg, OR: services
Champion Property Improvement is a preferred remodeling contractor in Newberg, all of Oregon and Washington state. We offer many services to our customers so they can avoid the headache of coordinating with multiple contractors. Our services include:
- Remodeling and room additions
- Painting – commercial and residential
- Dry-rot repair
- Tile, granite, solid surface countertops and faux rock
- Decks, fences and retaining walls
- Outdoor kitchens and patios
- Water Features
- Concrete – new, repair, decorative and resurfacing
- Pressure washing
- Parking lot striping
- Paving and seal-coating
- Graffiti removal
- Specialty floor coatings – epoxy, etc.
- Boat docks
- Church repair and maintenance (steeples, windows, pressure washing, etc.)
- Shed, Shops and Pole Barns
- Termite removal and home repair
Remodeling Contractor – Newberg, OR: LOCAL AREAS WE SERVE
Oregon: Beaverton, Bend, Canby, Central Oregon, Clackamas, Dayton, Dundee, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Hood River, Keizer, Lake Oswego, McMinnville, Newberg, Oregon City, Portland, Sherwood, St. Paul, Tigard, Troutdale, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville, Woodburn and more.
Washington: Bellingham, Bremerton, Camas, Centralia, Chehalis, Edmonds, Everett, Federal Way, Fife, Kalama, Kelso, Kent, Kirkland, Long Beach, Olympia, Pasco, Port Townsend, Ridgefield, Seattle, Vancouver, Woodland and more.
Call us today for a free consultation at 503-969-6613. We’d love to earn your business!